Top 5 places to get the best views of Malta
You’ve got to admit, when it comes to incredible views, Malta does not fall short. Seascapes, cityscapes, imposing cliffs; there’s a little bit of everything to suit anyone’s idea of picture perfect.
Since travelling abroad is not particularly feasible at the moment, why not cast your gaze over something more local?
There are plenty of breathtaking views across the Island and we’ve handily listed our top 5 here.
- Mdina Fort - There is nothing quite like the view of the fortified, ex-capital Silent City. There are a number of vantage points within the fortress walls, where you can gaze across the Mtarfa fields to Mosta and beyond. The drive up to Mdina is just as spectacular.
- Upper and Lower Barrakka Gardens - These two beautiful gardens in Valletta both look out onto the Grand Harbour, where you have a panoramic view of the infamous Three Cities and Malta’s largest active harbour.
- Top of the world, Gharghur - On a clear day, you can see the lights twinkling in Gozo. It’s the perfect spot for taking a beautiful scenic break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Valletta bastions - Navigate around the Capital and its impressive fortifications; you can also head on over to Ta Xbiex or Tigne seafront to get a clear view of the capitals Western flank bastions.
- Filfla, Zurrieq - We can’t not mention this one. Head on over to Zurrieq for an awe-inspiring close up of the smallest of the Maltese Islands, Filfla, you can also see it from Dingli Cliffs.
Why not hop in a GoTo vehicle and head on over to any of these viewpoints, to take in a bit of what the Island has to over.
You’re good to go with GoTo.